Friday, October 16, 2009

Smoking Report



Cigarettes have a lot of chemicals which are very bad for you. There are 4,000 chemicals in it! Some of these chemicals include: Nicotine, which makes you addicted to the cigarette and is used in bug spray, Tar, gives the cigarette the main flavor which is used in pavement and paving roads, Cyanide, which is used in rat poison, Acetone, which is in nail polish and much more chemicals like those.

And of course, all those can cause lots of diseases you could die from. A common disease smokers get is lung cancer, and another thing that cigarettes damage is the cilia, which is little hairs on the lungs that sweep out germs.

One of the main reasons kids start smoking is under peer pressure from their friends.
Peer pressure means being pushed into something you don’t want to do. Some reasons kids Peer Pressure other kids to smoke is he could be trying to make you feel small or he maybe afraid of someone who is different from him. There are also lots of ways to say “no” to someone who offers you a cigarette if “no thanks” doesn’t do the trick. Things that you could say are: “I’m allergic to smoke” , “My parents will ground me if I come home smelling like smoke” , “I don’t want to start because I’m trying to get my parents to stop” or simply “No thanks, I quit.”

Just remember, cigarettes have 4,000 chemicals in them and are VERY bad for you, so never start.

No comments:

Post a Comment